Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Olive Oil Banana Bread





I had always wanted to try baking with olive oil, but was always worried that whatever I had made would end up tasting like olives. A taste that I actually really like, but not in a cake.

So, last week, when I invited a friend over for that afternoon, I got my chance to bake with olive oil. You see, I had no butter in the fridge and three very ripe bananas that needed to be used.

I made this recipe, it made the softest banana bread I've ever eaten. The recipe also has very little sugar in it. I mixed the whole thing together in my food processor, and was very happy with how this turned out.

Olive Oil Banana Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups mashed, ripe bananas
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a loaf pan.
One by one put all your ingredients into a food processor blending in between each addition.
Pour into your prepared loaf pan.
Bake until golden and a tooth pick comes out clean (about 50 minutes).



1 comment: