Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Most Delicious Vanilla Ice Cream... with Salted Butter Caramel Sauce


The library that we have available here is, and I think what is greatest about it are the people who work there. They are so helpful and happy, they love Alara, and the best thing order in the books that they don't have from other libraries for me!

A few weeks ago, I requested a David Lebovitz books. The Perfect Scoop came the day before I left for Turkey, so you can imagine how excited I was to get back to Belgium and start using it!


Today, Alara and I made the first recipe in the book, Vanilla Ice Cream, it takes a long time, but boy is it worth it! The best ice cream I have had in a very long time. I also made his Salted Butter Caramel Sauce to go with it. All I will say is that it doesn't need to be put on ice cream! You can just eat it with a spoon!

Both of the recipes were very easy to follow, and they used the most simplest of ingredients. I have always been a David Lebovitz fan (I love his blog) but now, I think I may have to head to Paris and meet him in person to thank him. I never need to buy ice cream again!

I'm going to give you the recipe for the Salted Butter Caramel Sauce- just be warned- you may end up eating it all by yourself!!

David Lebovitz's Salted Butter Caramel Sauce

6 TBSP Butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt

Melt the butter in a heavy bottom saucepan, stir in the sugar and cook until it is a deep golden brown.
Remove from heat, pour in half of the cream (be careful the sugar will steam and splatter) and whisk until smooth. Add the rest of the cream, vanilla and salt. Serve warm. Can be stored for two weeks in the fridge.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I'm really thankful to the library for the book- now I think I am going to have to get a copy of it for myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment