Friday, October 15, 2010

Just a Spoonful of Sugar- Alara recommends


Alara doesn't watch a lot of television. She really just doesn't seem to want to sit in front of it for too long. However, the other day, she was feeling a bit under the weather, so since I was bored of Charlie and Lola, Elmo, and the Wiggles, I put on Mary Poppins.

She loves it. All the singing and dancing, she likes Bert and and the children. And to be honest, I'm really happy that she does.

When I was younger, I used to watch Mary Poppins all the time. I would sing all the songs, and dance all the dances. I used to wish I had a nanny too. I will say this though, I don't think that I understood half of the dialogue when I was a child, because now that I am watching it again, I listen and think 'is that what they are saying?'

The funny thing about the accents is that Alara is trying to talk like Bert's cockney accent. She tries to tell me that the way he says words is the right way!

Mary Poppins is a movie that I am sure most people of seen (although I have learned that that does not include the Turkish people I know). But has your child?

No comments:

Post a Comment