Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chocolate chunk Blondies

When I first moved here and stopped working, I thought to myself, I'm going to be one of those moms who brings baked goods to every event.

So far this year, I brought cupcakes for the teachers once (I had made them and then learned about by gestational diabetes, and didn't want them in the house), and I made cookies for the kids Halloween party.

Now, tomorrow is Alara's class' Christmas party, and really I wanted to make something super special, and Christmassy, but really, with being this late in the pregnancy, I couldn't be bothered.

What's the next best thing though, that hasn't been bought at the local bakery? Why brownies! Who doesn't love brownies?

I'll tell you who doesn't love brownies, a person who hasn't got any cocoa in the house!!

Ok, so what is the next, next best thing? Blondies!!!




Blondies, for the baker with everything but cocoa.

So, that is what I made today, and let me tell you, gestational diabetes or not, these Blondies are amazing. Very similar to a giant chocolate chip cookie, only the portion sizes can be cut bigger or smaller, I was so happy with how they turned out.

Tomorrow, Alara will take them to school. I don't know how they will go over here in Belgium, but really, what kid doesn't love a chocolate chip cookie?

If they bomb in Alara's class, I'm just going to take them home, a put themin my freezer. I've got other plans for the leftovers.

What's my big plan?

I'm going to pull them out of the freezer on my way to the hospital to give birth, and eat them while I am holding my new baby girl!!

I can't wait!

(any suggestions on how to make the baby come faster???? I really want to eat these without worrying about having a twenty pound baby!)

Here is my recipe for Chocolate Chunk Blondies

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tbsp molasses (or 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar)
226 grams butter (2 American sticks) room temp
2 eggs
1tbsp vanilla
A splash of milk

1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks (I mixed bitter and milk chocolate chunks)

Combine all your dry ingredients and set aside.

With a mixer, blend together your sugar and molasses so that there are no chunks, and it seems fluffy (or just use light brown sugar). Add in your butter and then your eggs and vanilla. At this point I thought it was too thick so I added a splash of milk.

Slowly add your dry ingredients, and then stir in your chocolate chunks.

Line a cookie sheet with backing paper, and put the batter on it in a rectangle shape.

Bake at 180C for 20 minutes. Don't over bake and let it get hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment