Friday, September 24, 2010

Another great day in Rotterdam

While they were visiting my parents had wanted to go and visit the Netherlands, so I thought I would take them to Rotterdam. We had had such a lovely time there the first time that we visited the city, I hoped that it would be nice for them too.

It was. Rotterdam is such a beautiful water city. Modern buildings, canals, bikes and trees, the city has so much to offer a visitor. We decided to drive around a bit and then head to the Maritime museum.

The museum was very good. If you like boats, I think it would be even more interesting. My dad liked it. There was a big restored boat outside to tour around. I found that really interesting. Alara loved it, You could touch everything, and see how a boat works. The only thing she didn't like was that the steering wheel didn't turn.

What I really liked about the museum was the childrens activity room that they had set up. It was appropriate for kids of all ages, everyone could play and learn something there. The room is set up with a nautical theme, and covers (in my opinion) all aspects of boat and port life, both on and off a boat. Alara had a great time and made a new Dutch friend.

The day was finished off with a hot chocolate and apple pie at a local cafe. The apple pie was so good, and so was the hot chocolate. I'm glad that we were able to have another great day in Rotterdam. It is a great city, with something for everyone. I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment