Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Favourites- To kill a Mockingbird


In honor of its fiftith anniversary, this week I am going to write about one of my favourites, the Puliter Prize classic, 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee. This book also went on to be the fantastic, Oscar winning movie starring Gregory Peck.

The story centres around the Finch family, Atticus, Jem and Scout, and the people in their small southern town during the Depression. More specifically during a race trail in which the father, Atticus, is defending a black man.

I first read the book when I was in high school, and loved it. I think that it is a story about children learning what the world around them is really like. About stepping out of the world of imagination and into the world of reality. The role that each of the character plays, shows how truly intertwined everyone within a community is.

So, on its fiftith anniversary I am suggesting that you read, or re-read To Kill a Mockingbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment