Thursday, May 27, 2010

Something I love about Turkey- Linden Tea



I'm ill today. I have got a cold. I'm pretty sure I got it from Alara, who probably got it from some kid at the park. She's better now, but I'm suffering.

I woke up this morning with a nose running like it was it's job and a really sore throat. I drank a cup of tea and ate my breakfast, and the sore throat only got worse. When I got to work I ordered a Linden Tea from the tea guy, and as soon as I drank it, the sore throat was gone. What is this magically brew?

I had never heard of it before I got here, and now I swear by it, I've even got my dad hooked. (He had found a place in Canada that sold it, but they don't carry it anymore, so I bring it to hime whenever I visit.) In the winter I drink it every day, and rarely get sick. In the past, because I talk so much at work I use to have awful sore throats all winter, but for the past three years, since starting this daily routine, I just don't have a problem in the winter anymore. (Thank goodness!)

At my work, they make the best Linden tea- usually it has a rather bitter taste, but they add cinnamon sticks and quince tree leaves when they are brewing it (well, that's what they tell me) and serve it with a lemon. It really is the best.

I wonder if I will be able to find it in Belgium?

By the way, I study French for forty five minutes today. What do they say it takes three days to make something a routine? or is that only for babies?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I need me some of that tea!! lol

    Good luck with the french, sadly I can only speak one language and I always wished I was bi-lingual!

    Hope all is going well with your packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you gave me your cold over the phone on Sunday! I am sick boo-ho! Need some linden tea.

    ReplyDelete