Monday, August 16, 2010

Gluten free Pizza


As you have read, we went to an Italian restaurant in Paris and had pizza on Saturday. Seyfi and I were talking about how it was so good, and whether it was because it had been so long since we had last had pizza, or if it was because the pizza itself was so good.

We decided that it was probably a bit of both.

This made me think, why don't I just try making a gluten free pizza crust, I know how to make it with gluten, how hard can it be to do one without?

Let me tell you... it was delicious!

So here is the recipe that I created for really cruchy on the outside, soft on the inside pizza dough.

Lori's Gluten free pizza dough

1/2 cup of warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dry yeast

Mix all of these together in the bottom of your big bowl and let rest of ten minutes

2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
1 Tbsp polenta
1 egg
3 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 cup milk
1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

Mix all of these in with the yeast/water mixture and knead for a few minutes, it will be sticky so you may need to put some oil on your hands. Cover and let rest for at least 30 minutes.

Heat your oven to 250 degrees celsius. Oil a pizza pan and sprinkle some more polenta over it. Put your dough in and push to the edges using your oiled hands. Bake in the oven until golden.

Take the crust out of the oven and put your toppings on. I used some grated cheese whose name I don't understand and some buffalo mozzeralla, some tomato sauce and some chicken pepperoni.

Put the pizza back in the oven and cook until the cheese is all melty and yummy.

Enjoy!

This really was surprisingly good! I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment