Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My NEW favourite chicken salad


Last Sunday I went to the market and bought a rotisserie chicken. We ate in on Sunday night, and re-ran it on Monday, but there was still a bit left, so I thought, I'd make some chicken salad. I love chicken salad. My old favourite recipe involved chicken, mayo, celery, onion and grain mustard. But not anymore!

I have found a new chicken salad recipe and want to share it with you. I was looking in the fridge, getting out my traditional ingredients, when I came across something, cherry jam.

I thought, this will give it a nice sweetness and it does. Here is my new recipe.



Cherry Chicken Salad

cooked chicken (cut up)
chopped up celery and red onion
mayonaise (as much as you'd like)
cherry jam
salt and pepper

Put all the ingredients in a bowl, and mix adding as much mayo as necessary to stick it all together. Put on your favourite bread product (with or without gluten). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment