Tuesday, August 17, 2010

An update...

Just wanted to give everyone out there a little update on where/how we are, now that we have been in Belgium for one month.

Today, while I was sitting inside, watching the rain, wearing a sweater, in my house that has the heaters on, for the third day in a row, I was really starting to miss my nice warm Turkey. This all went away though when I heard that Turkey isn't warm right now, it is really HOT!!

To be honest, I'm not sure what is worse, really hot in August, or really cool in August, either way I'm not too happy with the current weather situation. And, hearing Alara say 'please mommy outside, oh raining' all day is making me sad for her too.

The good news about Alara is that: one she is in her own room, and doing well with it, and two, she has found the magical world of 'the wiggles' and has turned into quite the little wiggle bum. To be honest, it is a nice bread from Caillou, who we have been watching non-stop nearly since we left Turkey.

The biggest Alara news is that we started potty training today... I think she understands better after one day the importance of telling me that she needs to go to the bathroom before she actually goes to the bathroom and is standing in a puddle. She has adjusted very well to the new house, city, country and I'm really happy to be home with her everyday.

Home everyday... I have never vacuumed so much in my life! I am vacuuming everyday (it feels like) and can't believe the domestic engineer that I have become. I am also very happy to report that I have my first dryer in eight years and am using it like crazy! We thought we would be able to get a drier once the summer was over, but with all the rain, it was a must buy!

I also have been cooking and baking up a storm, I have been looking for and making up all kinds of new recipes, some of which you will see here. There are lots of new ingredients to be used and experimented with. For example, tonight I made bangers and mash, which Alara loved. The girl loves sushi, egg rolls, peas and now sauerkraut!

Seyfi is adjusting to his new job, and is very busy, but he (finally) has his PlayStation 3 and some football (soccer) game that he really loves, so happiness has spread to all three of us.

I can't believe we've been here for one month! Time really does go by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment