Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back on the bus

So, last week Seyfi was out of town, and I had the car all to myself. I didn't have to share it, I could use it whenever I wanted, most importantly, I drove it to work and was able to leave early or go to Starbucks on my way to work and not have to worry about sharing the car.

But this week, this has not been the case. Seyfi is very busy with the last minute aspects of leaving the country, so he needs the car to get to all of the different places. Guess where this leaves me...

On the bus. Now, I am no longer going to the garage and getting into my car and off to work I go, nooooo, I'm leaving early racing to the highway to flag down the bus as it goes buzzing past me to get onto a hot bus to get to work. It is not fun.

(I will add at this point something that I love about Turkey is that most business offer a free service bus to their employees, my workplace included.)

The problem really is that tomorrow, being the last day of work, I need to clear out all of my things. Guess how I am bringing them home... the bus.

Well, that's not true, my great friend Alice has told me that I can put all my things in her car, and she will make sure they get to me.

I really can't wait until we get to Belgium and Seyfi gets his own car and I can have this car all to myself again.

How did I ever survive before I got my license?

No comments:

Post a Comment