Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

I remember thinking, how will I ever find a man as great as my dad? My dad is a wonderful father, he is good man, and one of the best listeners I know. I can talk to him for hours and never get bored. We share a love of toasted tomato sandwiches, Blue Rodeo and Law and Order, and for most of my life I thought there was no one who could replace him.

Then I moved to Turkey, and met Seyfi. The man who has supported and encouraged me to do so many things that I never would have done, the father of our amazing daughter.

Seyfi is a great dad (baba). He does everything he can for Alara, and me. Since Alara was born, Seyfi has been a fabulous role model, friend, supporter, and encourager. I know that every time he gets sent away from us (like today again) he misses Alara so much, and it is harder on him then it is on us.



I see the blossoming of an amazing relationship between the two of them. I know that one day, Alara will feel the way that I did, that there is no man in the world as good as her dad.

So, to my husband, Happy Father's Day- I thought I would never find you, but I have, and I'll love you forever.

4 comments:

  1. He is a wonderful guy, and you two seem to support each other incredibly well. I am sure Alara will be a fabulous person because of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great for little girls to have positive male role models in their lives. What a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wont be the only Canadian family in Belgium! Welcome! If you need any info, just let me know!

    http://lostbutf0und.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete