Friday, June 11, 2010

Henna night

I try very hard to keep the routine of writing a post everyday, and I usually write every night once Alara is asleep, but this didn't happen last night. Last night I went out.

One of the girls I work with is getting married, and last night was her henna night.

A henna night is when the bride and groom come together with all the women in their lives and celebrate the bride, she says good bye to her family, a to her single life.

Usually, all the single girls line up with candles and the bride and groom pass under, and then the henna is brought in on a tray with candles. They put henna on the bride and grooms hands and tie them in beautiful bags. There us lots of singing and dancing.

The bride wears a beautifully embroidered dress and covers her face with a red shawl. The ladies come up and check if she is crying or not.

It really was a nice evening, sorry that the picture isn't the best, but it's the only one I've got.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment